The success of our branch depends on the dedication and engagement of our branch members as committee members.
The Membership Committee: (1) works throughout the year to maintain & increase membership; (2) is responsible for planning and organizing the annual membership campaign; (3) is responsible for soliciting new members & for securing membership renewals; and (4) implements on-going initiatives to obtain Life Members.
You can join or renew your membership one of two ways:
To use your credit card online: Use the link for the online application below.
If you want to send a check, use our Branch Application.
Download the Membership Application
1. If you join or renew your membership through the National
organization, you will receive immediate confirmation of your
2. If you join using our branch application, you will receive
confirmation of receipt of your membership application and
payment from the Treasurer.
3. Notification of your membership application will be emailed to
the National Association
4. Notification of your membership application will be emailed
to the Membership Chairperson.
1. You will receive a Welcome Packet from the branch containing
a welcome letter or a thank you renewal letter and a digital West
Chester Branch membership card.
2. The National organization will also acknowledge your
membership and send you a membership card as well.
Members are the life blood of our organization. Now that you have joined/renewed your membership, you can make a difference in the ongoing work of the West Chester branch. We need you to use your talents and skills to work with a standing committee of your choice. Please take some time to learn about our standing committees and then complete the membership committee form. Someone will be in touch with you about your chosen committee.
1. Each month you will receive an email from the West Chester
branch Secretary about attending the General meeting. Since
General body meetings are virtual at this time; you will receive a
zoom link to the meeting.
2. The general body meetings are held the 2nd Monday of the
month. We want you to participate in what our branch is doing in
3. As a committed member of the NAACP, you get to work with
organizers and activists in our branch.
4. Support access to quality education, healthcare, and economic
5. Advocate for laws and policies to improve our community.
6. Participate in voter registration and get out the voter campaigns.
7. Attend local and national events, regional conferences, and
trainings to sharpen your advocacy skills.
8. Attend programs and events at the Chester County History Center
(CCHC) and through the North American Reciprocal Museum
(NARM) Association. (See list by state)
1. You will receive an invitation to a meet and greet/orientation
2. At this meeting you will meet other new members and the
chairpersons of the standing committees.
3 The chairpersons will help you in deciding what committee you
can share your skills and talents.
The membership committee will be in touch with you periodically throughout your first year to hear how you are enjoying collaborating with your decided committee.